Student Visa

internationale Studierende sitzen in einer Vorlesung

internationale Studierende, © colourbox.de


The application can only be submitted on the day of the appointment. All required documents will be forwarded to the Aliens Authority (Ausländerbehörde) competent for your intended place of residence in Germany. Student visa applications take about 3 - 4 Weeks to be processed. The processing time can be extended by the Aliens Authority. After the application has been approved by the Alien Authority, the Embassy will issue a entry visa for Germany.

The Aliens Authority requires all residence permit holders to register upon their first arrival. A final residence permit for the duration of your studies will be granted in Germany after arrival.

Please include two copies each of all documents submitted with the application.

Requirements are:

  • please complete your application form online and print to submit two copies on the day of your appointment 
  • only if link above is invalid: application form.
  • Two recent passport size photographs.
  • Valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and valid for at least 6 months after arriving in Germany with at least two empty pages)
  • Letter of acceptance of a German university/college
  • Proof of financial means (f.e. bank statement, if sponsored: signed Sponsoring letter and certified copy of ID/Passport, German formal obligation) to cover the costs for the first year of study (minimum amount for the year: 11,208€)
  • Visa fee (equivalent of 75 EUR) in cash in TTD

After application has been granted:

  • Proof of health insurance covering the first three months of your stay in Germany,
  • Prepaid airway bill if applying from another country than Trinidad and Tobago.

Please note that the German Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documents at any time during processing. Submission of the above mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted.

Further Information:

- General Information

- Opening a limited-withdrawal bank account

- German academic exchange service

- Recognition of university degree/School leaving (only in German!)

Top of page