Language course visa

Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

some flags of germany and the question sprechen sie deutsch?, do you speak german? written in german, against a dark green background, © colourbox


Applicants who wish to learn the German language (stay more than 90 days) in Germany are required to obtain a residence Permit.

Prospective university students can apply for a preparatory language course if the degree program requires German language skills. After successfully completing the language course and acceptance to a degree program at a German University the student can directly apply for a student permit in Germany.

Upon submission of all required documents, the application will be forwarded to the Aliens Authority (Ausländerbehörde) competent for your intended place of residence in Germany. The visa application takes for prospective students 21 workings day otherwise it takes up to three month to be processed. After the application has been approved by the Alien Authority, the Embassy will issue an entry visa for Germany. The Aliens Authority requires all residence permit holders to register upon their first arrival. A final residence permit for the duration of your stay will be granted in Germany after Arrival.

The application can only be submitted on the day of the appointment.


  • please complete your application form online and print to submit on the day of your appointment
  • only if link above is invalid: application form
  • one rescent passport size photographs
  • Valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and valid for at least 6 months after arriving in Germany with at least two empty pages)
  • Proof of enrolment to a German language course (at least 18 teaching units per week, evening and weekend course are not enough)
  • Proof of financial means (f.e. bank statement, German formal obligation, certified sponsoring letter of your sponsor and certified copy of sponsors passport) to cover the costs for the duration of the stay (minimum amount per month: 934 € ~ 6500.00TTD)
  • proof of accommodation
  • Visa fee (equivalent of 75 EUR) payable ONLY in TTD cash or credit card
  • For prospective university students: recognized school leaving certificate, recognized certificate of University degree etc.

After approval:

  • Proof of health insurance covering the first three months of your stay in Germany
  • Prepaid airway bill from a courier service if applying from another country than Trinidad and Tobago.

Please submit Original documents and one copy each.

Additional content

With a blocked account, you can provide evidence during the visa application process that you have adequate financial resources.

Opening a limited-withdrawal bank account

Top of page